06 March 2014

The Power of Facing the Crisis of Your Novel, Memoir, Screenplay

I'm jumping for joy! Rather than the usual struggle defining the Crisis of their stories, most of the writers today in our 16-week A PATH to PUBLISHING Plot Whisperer Workbook Series, not only nailed the crisis, they are also writing, facing fears, standing up for themselves, and one writer today even announced she felt not only is her writing improving, her entire life is, too. Oh, I am over-the-moon. I know, cliche. I'm giddy. I'm just so darn happy for the writers not only having survived this week -- defining and writing the crisis often sets off a personal crisis as well -- actually flourishing and transforming, too.

This workshop series is the first time I've had the pleasure of taking a group of writers page-by-page through Plot Whisperer Workbook: Step-by-Step Exercises to Help You Create Compelling Stories identifying, planning, plotting, doing the exercises, considering all the various plot elements, filling in Plot Planners and Scene Trackers for their own individual stories (along with Literary Agent Jill Corcoran with her amazing insight). Incredible experience for me. I'm so happy and fulfilled to believe the experience is proving helpful to the writers, too.

I wish all writers using the workbook had such support. The urge to go back rather than forge ahead into the hell of the crisis is tough to overcome. Yet all the writers today proved that it's not only possible, the effort brings forth unexpected gifts.

Oh, and more terrific news today! My other inspired/inspiring cohort Jordan Rosenfeld and I are giving away Amazon gift cards as thanks for your patience while the WRITER PATH PLOT and SCENE RETREATS  website was down. We're up and running again! Really looking forward to a blissful weekend at the end of May in the Redwood forest of the Santa Cruz mountains.

Today I write.
~~~~~~~~
For more: Read my Plot Whisperer and Blockbuster Plots books for writers.